Initial Disclosure Document
Frontier Vehicle Leasing and The Van Warehouse are trading names of Frontier Vehicle Leasing Limited which is authorised and regulated
by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). Our permission number on the FCA interim register is 514513 and we are regulated for the
• Consumer Hire Business
• Credit Brokerage
• Debt Administration
• Debt adjusting on a commercial basis
• Debt counselling on a commercial basis
Our principal place of business is - Millworks 28 Field Road Busby Glasgow G76 8SE
The FCA is the independent watchdog that regulates financial services. The FCA establishes the standards of good practice as to how
financial services operate. Its focus is to ensure that clients are fully informed and protected when using our services.
You can be assured that we will keep all of your personal information private and confidential, except where disclosure is made at your
request or with your consent. Under the terms of the Data Protection Act, you have the right to view any personal data we may keep on
you. Our Data protection registration number is Z7317768
• Only use your personal data for the provision of services we provide, and for no other purpose.
• You can ask us to stop using your personal data and remove your details from our systems by contacting us, the contact details
are at the top of this letter.
• At your request disclose from where your personal data was obtained
Our Values and Beliefs
• We will deliver information on our services in plain language, and offer help if there is any aspect you do not understand
• We will be open, honest and fair in all our business that we conduct with you
• We will respect and listen to your needs and circumstances
• We will strive to exceed your expectations and deliver excellent customer service at all times
About Our Service
• We offer contract hire, finance lease, hire purchase and daily rental products from a selected panel of lenders. All our products
are related to the leasing, hire or purchase of a vehicle. We will supply to you a list of our panel of lenders should you request
us to do so
• We do not fund any credit contracts ourselves all credit applications are introduced to a third party lender
• After having assessed your needs and circumstances we will provide you with an advice and recommendation service tailored
to your needs
• We encourage you to ask us at any stage anything that is unclear and obtain independent legal advice if you still do not fully
understand the credit arrangements – please note unless we are satisfied you fully understand the terms and conditions of the
finance you are applying for we will be unable to make the introduction to the finance company, this is for your protection and
What is a Finance Lease Agreement?
A Finance Lease is where a leasing company (the lessor) buys the asset for the user (usually called the hirer or lessee) and rents it to them
for an agreed period.
What is a Contract Hire Agreement?
Contract Hire is where a company or individual enters a contract to hire a vehicle for a fixed period of time for a fixed monthly amount.
Typically a contract hire agreement will be over 2, 3 or 4 years. At the end of the contract the vehicle is collected from the customer.
What is an Operating Lease Agreement?
Operating Lease is where a company or individual enters a contract to hire a vehicle for a fixed period of time for a fixed monthly amount.
Typically an operating lease agreement will be over 2, 3 or 4 years. At the end of the contract the vehicle is collected from the customer.
What is Hire Purchase?
Hire Purchase is a contract by which a company or individual pays for a vehicle in regular instalments while having the use of it. At the end
of the Hire Purchase agreement ownership of the asset transfers to the customer
What is Daily Rental?
Daily Rental is where a company or individual enters a contract to hire a vehicle for a fixed period of time for a fixed daily amount. Daily
Rental is typically based on a short term contract for a number of days or weeks
What we will do.
• Explain the key features of the regulated credit agreement to enable you make an informed choice
• Take reasonable steps to satisfy ourselves that a product we wish to recommend to you is not unsuitable for your needs and
• Advise you to read, and allow you sufficient opportunity to consider, the terms and conditions of a credit agreement before
entering into it.
• Before referring you to a third party which carries on regulated activities obtain your consent, after having explained to you
why your details are to be disclosed to that third party.
• Before effecting an introduction of you to a lender disclose (where applicable) the fact that the lender is linked to this firm by
being a member of the same group as the firm
Fees and Charges
We will charge an initial deposit for organising the vehicle supply which is refunded to you when you take delivery of the vehicle. This
amount will be clearly stated on your order form. We may charge a fee for processing your order and will state the fee amount clearly on
your order form.
Should you cancel the order and FVL have delivered the vehicle or are on course to deliver the vehicle and service as per the terms of the
signed customer order then your deposit is non refundable.
We may be paid a fee by the lender for facilitating this lease agreement. Should you wish to know the amount please request this in
writing and we will disclose this to you.
If you wish to register a complaint, please contact John Hazlet (director) by letter, email, telephone or in person using the contact details
on this letter.
If you cannot settle your complaint with us you may want to refer the complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS). We will
cooperate fully with the Financial Ombudsman.
Further information about the Financial Ombudsman Service will be given to you, by us, should you communicate to us your
dissatisfaction regarding the financial services we have provided to you.
Credit broking agreements that are distance contracts will be subject to the right to cancel within 14 days, in accordance with the Distance